Nursing & Caregiving Jobs in Japan under the JPEPA Framework
The initial recruitment of 200 Filipino nurses and 300 caregivers under the Framework for the Movement of Natural Persons for JPEPA has commenced.
The POEA has issued a shout-out for applicants to fill up forms online or in person and the successful candidates will be endorsed to the Japan International Corporation of Welfare Services (JICWELS) which will then administer an aptitude test to selected applicants.
Prior to actual work, selected candidates shall undergo a six-month language and culture training with an allowance of not less than P21,000 a month (its equivalent in yen).
Registered nurses with 3 years experience are qualified to apply while caregivers must be graduates of a four-year course and TESDA-certified.
Once in Japan, nursing trainees would have 3 chances in 3 years to take the Japanese nursing exams while caregivers must take an exam once on the fourth year of their stay.
Interested? Find out more by visiting the POEA website: www.poea.gov.ph or read the instructions below —
Registration procedure for qualified applicants for nurses and caregivers under JPEPA:
1. Register online at www.eregister.poea.gov.ph –>the site is under construction! I already notified the POEA about this.
2. Wait for POEA e-mail for further instructions. Only those who meet the
minimum qualification shall receive a POEA e-mail notification.
3. Prepare original and photocopy of the following documents:
• Self-made bio-data/resume with detailed job description with one (1) piece 2 X 2 colored picture
• Valid Passport
• Valid NBI Clearance (for travel abroad)
• College Diploma (authenticated, if applying as caregiver)
• Transcript of Records
• Employment Certificates (at least 3 years hospital experience)
• Training/skills Certificate
Additional requirements for applicant-nurses:
• Valid PRC ID
• Board Certificate
• Board Rating
4. Submit photocopy of the above documents fastened in a long, cream folder, together with the POEA e-mail notification at Window L, Ground Floor, POEA, BFO Building, Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City or at the nearest POEA office in the regions.
5. POEA shall only accept documents of applicants with POEA e-mail
For more information, you can call the POEA Hotlines @ 722-1144 & 722-1155.
Once again, note that the number of slots are very limited and the application process can only be done thru the POEA, not by any individual or licensed agency. If someone is trying to recruit you under the JPEPA framework, please notify the POEA right away (see numbers above) or you may wish to call the Blas F. Ople Center hotline: 833-5337.